North Carolina Associations
The primary purpose of NCJCEP is to establish and maintain a professional structure through which members may be joined in a unified professional effort. The objectives of NCJCEP are:
- To promote professional improvement of all professional Extension workers.
- To support and encourage the development of a united approach to a total Extension program.
- To encourage and promote high professional standards and maintain a high esprit de corps among all members.
- To promote understanding and cooperation among all Extension workers and to provide a channel for exchange of ideas.
- To strive for increased opportunity for individual members to pursue a career in their chosen area of extension work.
- To establish and maintain a close relationship and line of communication with Extension administration.
- To provide educational programs for the benefit of the members.
- To provide opportunities for recognition of leadership and service.
- To work for the benefit and service of members and ultimately for all the clientele of North Carolina.
Epsilon Sigma Phi (ESP) is an honorary Extension fraternity recognizing excellence in the Cooperative Extension community. The purpose of this association shall be:
- To improve and maintain the ideals, morale, and professional standards of Extension workers.
- To preserve the traditions and uphold the prestige of North Carolina Cooperative Extension.
- To provide opportunity for networking, fellowship and collaborative efforts.
- To foster standards of excellence in the Extension System and develop the Extension profession and professional.
The primary goal of NC ACES is to establish and maintain a professional association for improving the standards, performance, services and collaboration of members and North Carolina Cooperative Extension. Association objectives are:
- To improve communication among NCACES members with extension, teaching and research faculty, staff and administration, and with organizations of county personnel to encourage and facilitate coordinated program efforts.
- To promote and encourage opportunities for education and other means of professional improvement of NCACES members.
- To promote the personal well-being and esprit de corps of the membership through united action on issues concerning NCACES members and the North Carolina Cooperative Extension office.
- To provide opportunity for recognition of outstanding leadership and/or contributions to North Carolina Cooperative Extension by NCACES members and/or cooperating individuals or organizations.
The primary purpose of the North Carolina Association of Extension 4-H Agents is to promote the profession of Extension 4-H and youth work in North Carolina. The objectives of the Association are as follows:
- To advance the professional status of the Extension personnel involved in 4-H and youth work.
- To encourage professional improvement and improved professionalism among its members.
- To provide a medium for the exchange of ideas, methods and techniques as they relate to planning and implementing the Extension 4-H and youth development program in North Carolina and to further provide the same opportunities with Extension 4-H and youth workers throughout the nation, through affiliation with the National Association of Extension 4-H Agents.
- To promote and increase interest in Extension 4-H and youth development work as a career.
- To promote understanding and cooperation among all Extension workers and to establish and maintain a close line of communication with Extension Administration through affiliation with the North Carolina Joint Council of Extension Professionals.
- Association for Communication Excellence in Agriculture, Natural Resources, and Life and Human Sciences
- Association of Natural Resource Extension Professionals
- Epsilon Sigma Phi
- National Association of Community Development Extension Professionals
- National Association of County Agricultural Agents
- National Association of Extension 4-H Agents
- National Association of Extension Program and Staff Development Professionals
- National Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences
- The Extension & Research Support Staff Association