Guidelines to Apply for Extension Awards
How to Submit Nomination Packets:
- Awards may have different criteria and eligibility, see each award for details.
- Do not apply or nominate someone who has previously received the award in the past 3 years.
- All required documents must be uploaded in the electronic award entry before submitting them. Please scan all documents into one (1) PDF file and upload it as instructed on the registration page during the open period.
Please note: Incomplete packets will not be accepted.
- Each application is to be labeled with Awardname_NomineeLastName_FirstName_Application
Documents must be:
- Typed and double-spaced
- Up to three (3) pages in length (excluding letter of recommendation) and with page numbers
- The completed Extension Awards Program Application package should not exceed five (5) pages
Application packet must include:
- Resume/CV of accomplishments as requested in each award details, with a three (3) page maximum
- Resume/CV is required unless Award lists specific requirements, then you must include those in your application packet. Check the specific application requirements for each award by clicking on the award name.
- Letter(s) of recommendation
Submitting your nomination form:
- Scan all documents into one PDF and upload as one file.
- Upload your final application as instructed on the online registration page during the period when applications are being accepted.
Final approval for the annual expenditure of funds will be made by the Dean of the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences and/or the Associate Dean and Director of NC State Extension or their designee(s).
The application deadline for 2020 has passed (view the award recipients).