Charles M. Brickhouse Award
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
Brickhouse, Charles M.
Development Scholarship(s) – The award value is $1,000 – $4,000 (Depending on fund availability) and personal plaque.
Eligible for Nomination of Award: Agents, Specialist & Associates
How to Apply:
- Outline your Extension employment history and Extension accomplishments (within the past five years, including impacts).
- Outline your higher education history.
- The professional development activities you have undertaken in the past five years.
- Your future plans for professional development.
- Your professional accomplishments or awards as evidence of professional commitment within the past five years.
- The professional development experience you plan to participate in, if you receive this award.
- List the name and address of your local newspaper for press release notification.
- Enclose one Letter of Recommendation, preferably from your immediate supervisor.
Charles M. Brickhouse established an endowment fund in the North Carolina State University Alumni Association to finance professional improvement activities for employees of the North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service. Mr. Brickhouse was Dare County’s first county agent in 1918 and then served as a Lenoir County agent until 1938. Mr. Brickhouse served as a district agent supervising Extension work in 25 southeastern North Carolina counties until his retirement in 1956. Mr. Brickhouse passed away in 1992.
Eligibility for the scholarship is limited to NCCES personnel for five or more years, and who intend to use the award as an opportunity to enhance professional competencies to include scholarships, study trips, workshops and seminars. Members of the selection committee are not eligible to receive the award during their tenure on the committee. A recipient of the award is not eligible to reapply.
It is expected that the scholarship will be used within one year after being awarded. The award is not intended as support for attendance at routine professional meetings.