Extension Leadership Updates (May 2022)
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
Extension administration is pleased to announce the upcoming leadership changes and other updates. Congratulations to Dalton, Tyrone, Susan, Rachel and Shannon!
- Dalton Dockery, currently director for Extension’s Columbus County Center, will start June 30 as the new Southeast District Extension Director.
- Tyrone Fisher, currently director for Extension’s Orange County Center, will start June 1 as the Interim North Central District Extension Director.
- Susan Kelly, currently the North Central District Extension Director, will start June 1 as the new Assistant Extension Director for County Operations (read more).
- Rachel Vann will begin July 1 as the new Extension and Outreach Platform Lead for the N.C. Plant Sciences Initiative (read more). Rachel will devote 40% of her time to this position and will continue to serve as NC State Extension’s soybean specialist.
- Shannon Wiley will start as the Interim Regional Extension Director serving the Eastern part of the state for N.C. A&T State University. Shannon is replacing Morris White, who has accepted a position with Virginia Cooperative Extension, until the position can be filled permanently.
Extension is continuing to work with Emergent Method, an external consultant, on our Extension-specific strategic plan as well as the CALS strategic plan. In addition to engaging our employees through five district meetings and one campus meeting, we received over 10,000 responses from a stakeholder email survey.
Our goal is to be solidly incorporated within the CALS strategic plan, while also charting our own unique path that addresses Extension’s short- and long-term needs and aspirations in more detail.
Partnership with N.C. A&T
Barbara Board and I have started a process to update the current Extension MOU between our two institutions. The District Extension Directors, State Program Leaders, several CEDs and several Specialists will be contacted for input.