Hurricane Florence Update From NCDA&CS (9/12/18)
This newsletter contains important information from the North Carolina Department of Agriculture Veterinary Division in regards to Hurricane Florence. Please share this newsletter with others as appropriate. To subscribe to this newsletter, please send an email to the Veterinary Division’s general email account, Joe.Web@ncagr.gov.
Emergency Management Weather Tracking
Please see the updated weather information below. The key takeaway is that Hurricane Florence will most likely be a Category 4 hurricane when it makes landfall. Landfall will probably be along the Southeastern coast of North Carolina sometime late Thursday or early Friday. After that, we are uncertain the exact track of the storm. Effects from the storm will be wide ranging, and the model may not depict what route the storm will maneuver after making landfall.
Once in the Carolinas, the storm is expected to stall causing significant flooding issues. It is possible we will have long-term impacts from this storm in many areas of the state. Please stay tuned to your local forecasts and use these links for important storm information:
- Florida Florida Suspension of Interstate Movement Requirements
- Georgia Georgia Temporary Suspension
- North Carolina NC Waives ICVI Requirements for Hurricane Florence
- South Carolina SC Suspension of Interstate Movement Requirements
- Tennessee Tennessee Suspension of ICVI’s
- Virginia VA Waiver of Certain Animal Import Requirements