Extension Day of Giving Toolkit
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
It’s that time again! Time for #GivingPack. Extension will play a vital role in the NC State Day of Giving on March 23, 2022.
On this page, you’ll find information, tools and guidance that Extension local centers can utilize to create official Day of Giving communications. Make sure you’re familiar with the Extension brand style guide before developing custom Day of Giving communications, then use the links below to navigate through the toolkit.
NOTE: NC State Extension campus employees and non-county programs will participate through their campus departments, and can find more info and resources in the CALS Day of Giving Toolkit.
In 2021, NC State raised more than $58 million, including donations from all 100 counties, during the NC State Day of Giving. For 2022, local Extension centers again have the opportunity to put the NC State brand to work for your own Day of Giving fundraising efforts.
To help you successfully raise funds, Extension Marketing and Communications has developed this online toolkit, which provides everything you need to easily promote the Day of Giving to your local audiences.
Your County’s Role
Leading up to and during the Day of Giving, your point person will be responsible for:
- Posting content on social media encouraging followers to participate
- Promoting the event on your center’s communications platforms, including – but not limited to – the website, digital screens and email newsletters
- Coordinating efforts among local agents to encourage and support outreach with their key contacts, while making sure your team is on the same page and working in sync
- Connecting with Extension Communications during the event with questions or concerns
Cash / Check Donations
While we should encourage online donations first and foremost, we understand that some valuable partners may prefer to donate in a more personal way. If your center receives gifts via cash or check, send those to Kathy Kennel at the N.C. Agricultural Foundation, who will ensure that the donation returns to your county.
N.C. Agricultural Foundation
Attn: Kathy Kennel
Campus Box 7645
Raleigh NC 27695-7645
Your county’s Day of Giving contact should keep a list of each check/cash donation collected (online gifts needn’t be included). This list should include: County name, Donor name, Gift amount, Note if it’s check or cash, and if it supports general Extension, FCS or 4-H.
Email the final list to email@example.com. In order to receive credit toward the event for these cash/check donations, you’ll need to send the list before the end of the day on March 23 (note that your local center will receive the funds regardless).
We’re providing a variety of communications resources for Extension local centers to use for Day of Giving. Make sure you’re logged into Google with your Unity ID account before trying to access the resources housed in Google Drive.
*Note that your contacts will not be able to donate via the link before the Day of Giving on March 23.
Find all communication resources in Google Drive:
NC STATE DAY OF GIVING 2022 | EMPLOYEE TOOLKIT
SOCIAL MEDIA ITEMS
- Content / Messages — localize these draft posts for Facebook and Twitter, which are organized by day leading up to Day of Giving, with your own images and center info
- Graphics — we’ve developed pre-designed graphics for you to use on your local center social channels and digital billboards
- You can also create your own graphics for social media using local images or pics from our Day of Giving image gallery or our Extension photo albums
- Social Media Image Sizing Tool — if creating your own social graphics, you can load and resize images for specific social networks using this free tool
- Find more everyday social media tools on our brand site
- Digital Billboards — customize a PowerPoint file for your local audience by adding your own photo, headline and unique link to your county fund page
- You can also use the Social Graphics on your local screens as digital billboards
One-on-one communication with your key customers is the best way to promote donations. We encourage local center staff to reach out to customers with whom you have a personal relationship and share the Day of Giving spirit to build awareness of the event in advance, and then encourage their support on the event day.
- Text Message — following is a sample text that can be customized as appropriate – this is not meant for mass messages:
“Hi [NAME], do you love working with [EXTENSION IN COUNTY NAME or PROGRAM NAME] and want to give back? As part of NC State’s Day of Giving, we’re combining forces across the state to raise money for Extension, and we need your help to grow our impact! Localize your Day of Giving gift by using this link on March 23 to directly support Extension in [COUNTY NAME]. We hope you will join us in #GivingPack to Extension!”
- Email Signature — you have the option to update your email signature with the Day of Giving logo
- Logo Usage Guidelines — please follow these university guidelines when using the Day of Giving logo
- Between now and the event, you must use the logo with the date included — you can only use the logo without the date ON Day of Giving (March 23)
- If creating your own resources, make sure to separate local logos from the Day of Giving logo (e.g. place one at top and one at bottom)
- Download All Day of Giving Logo Files
- Day of Giving Website
- CALS Day of Giving Toolkit
- NC State Day of Giving Toolkit
- Communications Recommendations and Guidelines
- Day of Giving FAQ