Brand identity means much more than a logo. A brand is the sum of who we are and all that we do — from delivering research-based solutions and a stellar customer experience to serving as a trusted partner and enhancing the quality of life for North Carolinians.
EVERYONE WHO’S PART OF EXTENSION PLAYS A CRITICAL ROLE IN BUILDING OUR BRAND IDENTITY AND INTEGRITY.
Discover a wealth of assets and resources that will guide your Extension marketing efforts.
Follow the links below to access materials specific to the respective university Extension units and our N.C. Cooperative Extension partnership.
|N.C. COOPERATIVE EXTENSION||NC STATE EXTENSION||COOPERATIVE EXTENSION AT N.C. A&T|
Campus and County Branding Guidelines
North Carolina is home to two land-grant institutions, NC State University and N.C. A&T State University. Each school operates individual Extension units — NC State Extension and Cooperative Extension at N.C. A&T — which provide programming both independently and as a strategic partnership called N.C. Cooperative Extension.
When planning our marketing efforts, we must be mindful of each university’s distinctive brand identity; how and when they co-exist as N.C. Cooperative Extension; and when to use one brand identity or another.
We’ve developed guidelines to help employees consistently brand appropriately. A simple rule of thumb is to “follow the funding.”
Extension efforts that are funded, coordinated and developed unilaterally…
- Should follow the respective university brand guidelines. This applies primarily to campus-based initiatives and resources, which fall under NC State Extension or Cooperative Extension at N.C. A&T.
Extension efforts that are funded, coordinated and developed jointly…
- Should follow the N.C. Cooperative Extension brand guidelines. This applies to county-based employees and all 101 local centers, which always involve partnerships with local government (even if only one university staffs the center).
The brand site includes information and tools you’ll need to promote your efforts and help establish our collective brand identity. Here are a few resources to get you started:
- Extension Logos (N.C. Cooperative Extension and NC State Extension)
- Extension Marketing and Communications Newsletter
- County Signage and Online Store (TEMPORARILY CLOSED)
- Story Development Resources
- Photo Guidelines and Galleries
This site will be updated on a consistent basis to provide you with the most relevant and useful tools and information. We are here to help however we can.
Have a story idea or need help with a project?
Contact our team with questions or comments.