Epsilon Sigma Phi Membership Opportunities
Epsilon Sigma Phi (ESP) is an honorary Extension fraternity recognizing excellence in the Cooperative Extension community. It provides opportunities for networking, fellowship and collaborative efforts, while fostering standards of excellence within Extension and developing the Extension profession and professional.
North Carolina’s Xi chapter of Epsilon Sigma Phi includes members from NC State Extension and Cooperative Extension at N.C. A&T State University.
Membership is open to ALL Extension personnel with three (3) or more years of service and retirees who have exhibited excellence in Extension programming. Membership is established through state chapters that are chartered through the national organization.
Please consider joining or renewing your membership with ESP, which can be completed online this year. Refer to the ESP Membership Online Registration Guide (PDF) for additional details on registering this year.
Renewed Membership – $50
New Membership – $60
Lifetime Dues – $200
Benefits of ESP Membership
- Scholarships and grants for individual professional development opportunities including advanced degrees
- Chapter and national leadership opportunities, as well as recognition programs for individuals and teams
- National conference provides an opportunity to give peer-reviewed scholarly presentations
- Involvement in public issues and activities
- ESP Connection newsletter and ESP Communiqué provide communication with members on numerous professional development opportunities
- Network of Extension professionals united across disciplines and program areas
- Mentoring opportunities
- Chapter training support
- Partnerships with the Joint Council of Extension Professionals (JCEP) and USDA’s National Institute of Food and Agriculture (USDA-NIFA)